[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Patch for 1.5.0: new feature provide and some small fixes
- To: checkinstall-list <checkinstall-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Patch for 1.5.0: new feature provide and some small fixes
- From: Felipe Sanchez <izto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:02:52 -0600 (CST)
- Delivered-to: mailing list checkinstall-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <3C14B1EB.50601@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact checkinstall-list-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Uwe Koloska wrote:
> I think a program should only delete files if it has produced
> them or if the user says so.
Good thinking. The decision for the docs, spec and description to be
deleted by default was made because the other way the user would end up
with these root-owned files around and having trouble when deleting the
source directory for their package.
Checking to see if they were there in the first place is definitely the
right thing to do. Thanks.